Monday, September 1, 2014

123 Days, An OPENING in Time, Day 1


It’s September 1st, Labor Day in the US, and I have “An OPENING in Time”. My daughter, Faith, who up until now has lived with me, has just gone to realize her dream of studying abroad in Seoul for 4 months and I am HOME ALONE! And, after having moved 2 times in the past 2 years, everything looks unfinished…
My Art – Yes, Cousin Donna, I will finish your piece this year…MANY more unseen unfinished pieces
Unfinished Art
My Artroom – Still has boxes laying around…
artroom
My Office – filled with art supplies that are still in boxes…
home  office
My Porch – where I write because the office feels crowded and I hate khaki walls…
porch
My Carport – where I set things until I can arrange my storage shed and office shelves (my neighbors love me)
carport
My Storage Shed -need to patch holes, set up shelves and kill spiders (ewe)…
storage shed
And, we’ll save my Studio at Tapp’s Arts Center for another day :/
If some of you artists and artist wannabees are less than perfect like myself, i.e., a mess who has trouble organizing and finishing things, then follow me on my journey for the next 123 days. Why 123 days? It looks orderly. And, the real reason–my daughter will be home December 23rd. You do the math. Well, okay, so I’m an Artist and NOT a Mathematician…it’s actually only 113 days, but 123 sounds so much better, don’t you agree? During that time, it’s my intention to share my daily journey of (1)How I’ll organize my space and supplies, (2)My artistic process and class preparation, and (3)How to reach my goal of making $100 a day (or something better) on my art. (I know, how do I live on that?–We’ll figure it out together).
Oh yeah, I like quotes. Goethe, my fav person to quote, has that great quote about magic in beginning, but I really like this one as my quote of the day:  “Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one’s thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.”  But, I just did! …today… and this day forward!
Becoming Prolific,
Barbie
www.BarbieMathis.com   (Calligraphy Quotes coming soon)
 Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/j/johann_wolfgang_von_goeth.html#durrL8xQUGX6rLiC.99

No comments:

Post a Comment