Tuesday, September 16, 2014

123 Days, Day 16 - Progress on Poodle Portrait

Today has been an average day with having a Calligraphy Class this morning at Tapp's Art Center in Barbie Mathis Studio, Studio 28, and then another Class for a couple of people tonight in my home.

In between classes, I made progress on the Pet Portrait of the Poodle whose name was Lace. She has passed away, but her owners loved her very much and wanted to remember her.

Yesterday I showed this photo: Raw Umber on Chair and back wall, and Raw Umber applied wet-into-wet on the fur along with Permanent Rose and Cobalt Blue.

Today here are some steps I accomplished...keep in mind that this is not finished, and that I work in layers of color called watercolor "glazes". The chair will eventually become maroon leather, and the background wall will become navy blue. I added Burnt Sienna to the chair and Cadmium Orange to the wall. Eyes got a little Orange and Burnt Sienna.
 
I added Alizarin Crimson to the back wall, to the dog's nose, tongue and mouth.  And, I took the masking fluid out of the eyes where I was saving the highlights, and added more layers of color to the eyes.  

I darkened the nose and mouth with a mix of Alizarin Crimson, Windsor Green/Blue Shade, and Windsor Blue/Green Shade. I also applied those colors around the eyes. You can see some of my color studies, the layers of glazes that I will be putting on top of others to create leather and a dark wall tomorrow. Click on the photo below to see more details.

Thank you so much for reading my blog. More this week on how this Pet Portrait is finished. 

Being Prolific,

Barbie

No comments:

Post a Comment