Thursday, September 25, 2014

123 Days, Day 25 - Something Different, Oil Painting Workshop

Hello Friends! This isn't going to be much of a blog night for me because I am going to be taking a Hilarie Lambert Workshop for the next couple of days. Hilarie is a Fabulous Oil Painter who lives in the Charleston Area. I wrote a blog about her a couple of weeks ago after she had done the program for the Trenholm Artists Guild in Columbia, SC.

 I love workshops because it gives me time to be the student instead of the teacher. But, sometimes I'm still hesitant to learn new things. Hilarie had said that people in her workshops could use Acrylics. I wavered up until last night about whether or not to take oils or acrylics because after all, I'm a Watermedia Artist. So, I made the decision last night and packed up the Acrylics to take to the Beginning Reception tonight. And, then Hilarie said she was giving all of us the oils we will need for tomorrow. So, I'm wondering if there is some divine providence working here that is pulling me into working more with oils. I'm really excited about it now--doing Something Different, being with other artist friends, and getting to be a student. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.


       Hilarie Lambert




Being Prolific and Being a Student,

Barbie


No comments:

Post a Comment