Thursday, September 18, 2014

123 Days, Day 18 - Listing Work

Original Waterfall Watercolor Painting Looking Glass Falls 

by Barbie Mathis

This Ebay listing will go live for auction Friday night, 

9/18 at 7 PM


Not long ago, a good friend of mine, Rachel Parker, a successful artist and art accountability partner, looked around my studio and told me I had a lot of money sitting around. She strongly encouraged me to start listing my work on Etsy and Ebay. She does this and not only has good sales, but she also picks up commissions.

So today, I got back on Etsy, an online site to display art. And, I updated my profile information and listed one thing to get me started. I also listed 2 things on Ebay. I did some research on what others are doing, too, in order to word my listings right. It took my awhile, but now that I've begun, the momentum will keep growing. And, I have good reason--to help support myself and my daughter who is in Seoul as an exchange student.

To visit My Etsy (which only has the 1 listing as of today, but more as the month goes on...):
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BarbieMathisStudio

If you're interested in seeing really good Etsy stores:
Check out Rachel Parker~
https://www.etsy.com/shop/rachelsstudio

Check out Lauren Maurer~
https://www.etsy.com/shop/LaurenMaurerStudio


Here's to taking baby steps to grow! 

Being Prolific,

Barbie

     

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, those were a lot of baby steps to take and the painting on Etsy is truly fabulous.

    ReplyDelete