Friday, September 12, 2014

123 Days, Day 12 - A System

It seems that in the past few days, I've been doing a lot of writing and teaching classes, but not a lot of painting. With shows coming up and commissions to finish, it's time to get A System for getting it all done.

I like to work on several projects at once so that while one painting is drying, I can work on another.

Tomorrow is going to be a rainy day, and it will be a perfect day to work back and forth on 4 paintings.

1. Finishing this painting for Cousin Donna


2. Starting a Pet Portrait


3. Starting 2 Paintings for the State Fair.
In order to prepare for tomorrow, I have cut my 300 lb. Fabriano Paper to size and taped it to Foam Board. I preplanned the sizes because I had certain frame and mat sizes.


I have also gathered the photo references, and tomorrow I will draw or trace the references and transfer them to the paper using Wax Free Graphite Paper.




I'll show you more tomorrow. I can't wait to wake up and paint!

Becoming Prolific,

Barbie



No comments:

Post a Comment