Wednesday, September 10, 2014

123 Days, Day 10 - Consistency and Resilience

Yesterday, I was talking about consistency when forming letters in Calligraphy, and that that's what makes it beautiful--holding the pen at a certain angle, making letters a certain height and width, and even when you decide to get creative with the letters such as adding flourishes, it's compatible with the forms you've been creating.

The 2 definitions of Consistency from Wikipedia that I was referring to are these:  
-steadfast adherence to the same principles, course, form, etc.:There is 
consistency in his pattern of behavior.
-agreement, harmony, or compatibility, especially correspondence or 
uniformity among the parts of a complex thing:
consistency of colors throughout the house.

I've heard it said that to be successful in the Art World, it's important to be consistent with your style, the size of the art, or the style of framing; something that pulls it together, unifies the group and makes it identifiable, pleasing to the eye, and your own.  

After hearing "A Minute with Maxwell" today, I'm thinking that Consistency and having Resilience go hand and hand. John said, "You say many people don't achieve their Dream because it's out of Reach. They don't achieve their Dream because they QUIT. The moment you QUIT, EVERYTHING is out of Reach." He says it so well in this 1 minute video:

So, today, I thought about ART (my livelihood), Exercise, Friendships, Relationships, and more. How can I be more consistent? (And, keep going?) What can I do each day to build on what I've got and make it better? In the next few days, I will be painting a bit everyday, writing in this baby blog, doing a few more sit-ups, writing a few more texts and notes, and taking time for what life brings my way. Because, in Consistency, there is flow, security, a formation of style (even if your style is to have a random style), a level of skill, and even wealth and abundance. I'd be interested in knowing what you think about Consistency. Comments are always welcome.

Becoming Prolific,

Barbie



 

   


No comments:

Post a Comment