Saturday, September 13, 2014

123 Days, Day 13 - Procrastination

Hello. My name is Barbie and I'm a Procrastinator.

Yesterday, my blog was all about my system. I had cut the paper, put it on boards, gotten photo references ready, and made a plan of action so that today I'd be all ready to get lots of painting done. This is how today really went:

1. Got up at 10:30 am because I was up skyping with Faith until after 1 am last night since the time difference is 13 hours ahead in Korea. And, then I couldn't fall asleep until around 2:30 am.

2. Went to put something in the trashcan outside and noticed the mess that's been in the carport. Decided to bring paintings in from carport so they wouldn't get dusty. Noticed I needed to sweep the area that they'd been in. Then decided to rearrange the shelving that's been out there waiting to be put in the storage shed when it gets cooler. More sweeping and then bring things in house. 

3. On the way in the house, remembered there were towels in the dryer. Came back out to get the towels, and threw some clothes in the wash.

4. It was then Noon and I hadn't eaten, so I put on coffee and was going to make eggs, but I was out, so I made a health food smoothie and a toasted cheese sandwich in the pan that had the melted butter for the eggs. Ate my brunch.

5. Felt sticky from working in the carport, so I had to take a bath. Got dressed. Put on makeup. And, remembered the laundry in the wash, Had to put in dryer. 

6. Since  I was dressed, needed to go to the store to pick up eggs and cat litter.

7. Got home and was hungry again. Had leftover turkey and broccoli and a baked potato. While eating, I got to listening to my Dreambuilder CD's because after all, my dream of making a living as an Artist is important.

8. Oh yeah, there is laundry that needs to be taken out of the dryer and folded. And, clothes to put in the dryer...and check Facebook.

9. Okay, finally, I'm going to paint...but wait, I have an idea. Maybe I'll look through some more photos of the brightly colored cut flowers that I bought last year. Where did I put them. After another 15 minutes of looking for them I found them. Looked through my beautiful photographs.

10. Got tired of sitting looking at photos and needed a walk. Looked for my phone and a flashlight, opened the door and it was raining. Okay, now I should just pick one picture to start on. 

11. BUT, I HAVEN'T DONE MY BLOG! I committed to doing it everyday...TO SHOW MY PROGRESS!   

12. I DID make progress...on the carport, and cooking and shopping and laundry...
      ..................I'LL DO MY ART NEXT..................just after I look up Quotes on

                                               PROCRASTINATION! 
  
Procrastination is the bad habit of putting off until the day after tomorrow what should have been done the day before yesterday.


Know the true value of time; snatch, seize, and enjoy every moment of it. No idleness, no laziness, no procrastination: never put off till tomorrow what you can do today.
Turning pro is a mindset. If we are struggling with fear, self-sabotage, procrastination, self-doubt, etc., the problem is, we're thinking like amateurs. Amateurs don't show up. Amateurs crap out. Amateurs let adversity defeat them. The pro thinks differently. He shows up, he does his work, he keeps on truckin', no matter what.

I swing between procrastination and being really thorough so either way things aren't getting done quickly.

I, for one, find writing excruciating. Some mornings, as I'm on my way to my desk, my hands actually tremble with fear. The fear, of course, is that I'll sit down at the desk and discover that what I've written is claptrap. Fear inevitably leads to procrastination.

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/procrastination_2.html#1VV3tUAvMxOUMwPY.99


       
Perhaps tomorrow's blog should be on FOCUS!!! 

Becoming Prolific, 
Barbie

1 comment:

  1. This cracked me up and you've inspired me to close my iPad and get moving so I can get painting.... Right after I check my email

    ReplyDelete