Saturday, September 20, 2014

123 Days, Day 20 - An Epiphany - Miniatures!!!

I guess that some of you may have figured out that I was feeling more than a little gloomy yesterday about a lot of things. But, today I took a break and went with a friend to the Greek Festival here in Soda City, SC, and then on to the Rosewood Arts Festival. While in the car on the way to the first festival this morning, my friend told me about one of his best friends who had purchased a Charles Fraser Original, and then had spilled something on it, and was having to have it restored. In the process, I found out that Charles Fraser was a guy who was known for doing miniature portraits back in the early 1800's, particularly in the Charleston area. It got me to thinking about how I really like to do small paintings...

When I lived in Sarasota, FL, I used to drive to Clearwater to take Miniature Painting Lessons from a well-known painter, Joan Cornish Willies, who was a member of many distinguished painting societies including the Royal Society of Miniature Painters (England), the Hilliard Society, and the M.A. of America. There were very definite guidelines to painting "true" miniatures. They weren't just small paintings. They were masterpieces! I wish at that time I would have understood what an honor it was to have studied under Joan Willies. I don't know if she's still alive, but she still has a website:
http://www.joanwillies.com/

Tonight, after seeing some art today, I was meditating about how to use my talent, and BAM! Little square paintings came to mind. So, I bought the domain...MyGreatLittleSquarePaintings.com. (not live yet). In the next few weeks, I will be working out some designs for square paintings. The potential for this is UNLIMITED! Commissions, Collectibles, All Subject matter, All Mediums, Etc... I am very EXCITED!

I wish I could share some great photos with you about today's events, but I forgot my phone. But, the most beautiful picture that I have in my head was when I visited my dear friend, Joel, who is absolutely gifted when it comes to Garden Restoration. (http://www.gardeningandsuch.com) He was working at a home in Shandon today with an Outstanding Backyard and Pool Area. With Joel's manicuring touches, it looked exquisite, and has inspired me the rest of the day. I am so blessed to be able to see such beauty!

Be Inspired!  You never know when an IDEA is going to hit you.

Being Prolific,

Barbie    



   

No comments:

Post a Comment