Saturday, September 27, 2014

123 Days, Day 27 - Hilarie Lambert Workshop, 2nd Day

I think that I can speak for almost everyone that has been in the Hilarie Lambert Oil Painting Workshop when I say it was Fantastic! Here are some photos from todays demo, and my painting.
Today was painting Color Temperature. Hilarie talked about Warm and Cool Colors and how to apply them. This one didn't have a value study underpainting. The values were built with color.






 Hilarie used 3 warm and 3 cool colors, and then had white on each side of the palette.



                                          This is the display that I worked from...

 These are paintings that everyone did. Lookin' good, right?  Mine is on the table to left.
 Here is my painting up close. It still needs the final touches. The days weren't long enough. Could have studied with Hilarie for 2 weeks instead of 2 days!

Feeling Blessed to have been able to learn a little more, and hope to apply it soon. I enjoyed being with everyone in the Workshop. Such Talented Artists in the Columbia, SC Area!

Tomorrow is the concert at USC premiering, "In Dulcet Tones", My work will be shown on the big screen with a few others while it premiers. More About that Sunday night.

Being Prolific,

Barbie

No comments:

Post a Comment