Tuesday, September 2, 2014

123 Days, Day 2 - Guidance

Sometimes when you begin something, there is a glitch that slows you down. And, you find yourself having to ask for help, for some kind of Guidance. That was the case yesterday after I posted my first Blog Post on my new WordPress website. I asked my friend, who has his own WordPress Blog, "Where is the button to create another Post?" He looked at me like "What??", and then looked at my site, and we figured out that my Blog was just a Webpage, and it wasn't functioning as a regular Blog. He and my web guy are making a few adjustments, and it will eventually be fixed. But, in the meantime in case you're wondering why my Blog might look different than yesterday morning, I'm Posting on Blogger, and I just may keep doing this...

Every morning I like to read and hear inspirational things for Guidance, and to get my creative juices flowing. I've been taking a Dreambuilder Course by Mary Morrissey who never fails to inspire. This morning's "Morning Mentor" was about knowing you're on the right path when you treat the work you're doing as "Sacred". What does that mean? It is Important, and even to be done with Reverence. There is a purpose for whatever you do. Julia Cameron, well-known for writing The Artist's Way, talks about creativity being a "spiritual path", and that "the word God", when used in her book stands for "good orderly direction". Almost every spiritual practice has some form of Seeking from Source or Higher Power. The Christ said to "Seek first the kingdom of God". And, where is the Kingdom? It's in You and Me. It's that vast realm of possibility and ideas in You and Me when we Be Still and Connect with whatever you want to call "good orderly direction".
     Had to switch my table in the artroom (my dining room) from this

    to this.  I like looking into the Living Room. (painting above TV coming soon)

Since it's now night when I'm writing, Today, my Guidance was to complete what was due Today...
Sunflowers, Acrylic on wood, 8" x 10".

This is how I was inspired...a photo taken at City Roots a couple of years ago.

And, this is how I set up my table in the kitchen using Golden Fluid Acrylics (available at City Art in Columbia, SC)
I actually finished another piece of art today! Yay!  Working on the details...

And it was Sacred work, a small piece to help raise money for Nancy K. Perry Children's Shelter in South Carolina. The fundraiser is First Thursday, Sept. 4th.  
 
My friend, Susan did one, too. Sometimes life is so synchronistic! Susan and I found each other on facebook after not having seen each other in 30 years! We worked together in a small gift shop called "Pizzazz" in another town, and now we are sharing artistic ideas again!

She also makes delicious Plum Jelly!

Becoming Prolific,

Barbie            

"Seek First the Kingdom of God..." Matt. 6:33
      

No comments:

Post a Comment