Wednesday, September 3, 2014

123 Days, Day 3 - Taking Inventory

Tomorrow is First Thursday of the month which means that in Columbia, SC, Main Street is alive with Art Shows and Exhibitions. I am involved in three. One is the show at Certus Bank, The Onomatopoetic Show where artists like myself listened to music by composer, Jesse Jones, and then painted our inspiration.   For more info: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Onomatopoetic-Art-Inspiring-Art-Music-Made-Visible/1376888185932125?ref=br_tf  
My piece~ Flowers In Dulcet Tones, by Barbie Mathis, Fluid Acrylics on 300 lb. Archival Paper, $400

I'm also in the auction I mentioned yesterday to raise money for the Nancy K. Perry Childrens Shelter ~
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152310365166732&set=a.10150097446226732.276363.747951731&type=1&theater

And, there is a show called Figure Out in the main gallery at Tapp's Arts Center, where my studio, Barbie Mathis Studio, #28 is located. I have two C-Prints in the show of my daughter, Faith. https://www.facebook.com/TappsArtsCenter  Come see them!

While at Tapp's, I walked in my studio and sighed as usual thinking, "What do I do with all of this Stuff!" And, it came to mind that I should take Inventory because I can't move forward if I don't know what I've got, and what I need to finish or fix, and how or where to sell it. I looked up Inventory, and Wikipedia says "Inventory or stock refers to the goods and materials that a business holds for the ultimate purpose of resale (or repair)." And, in my case, some just needs to sell for the first time, and some definitely could be used for my WaterMedia Options class where I teach 12 ways to "Fix Dud Paintings". 

                   Get the picture? ~ Studio shots at Tapp's Arts Center~ 
 
 

More tomorrow about making Inventory Lists. You are invited to Come to the Shows, Thursday, September 4th, 2014. Check the above links for times and places. Until then...

Becoming Prolific,

Barbie 

"People are remarkably bad at remembering long lists of goals. I learned this at a professional level when trying to get my high-performance coaching clients to stay on track; the longer their lists of to-dos and goals, the more overwhelmed and off-track they got. Clarity comes with simplicity."  (Underlining is mine, BSM)

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/lists.html#TjBBbzZx08eUGumF.99

No comments:

Post a Comment