Wednesday, October 8, 2014

123 Days, Day 38 - Make a Move

I was watching "My Morning Mentor" today by Mary Morrissey. She has been talking for the past few days about a book by Price Pritchett titled You Squared.  One of the steps in moving forward and making a Quantum Leap in some area of you life is "Make a Move Before You Are Ready". I really identified with this because I am the type that wants everything to be perfect before beginning. And, "Making a Move" seems counterintuitive to me when I'm not "feeling it". But, Price has such a great point. He says to make the leap and fine tune as you go along. You can frame out the details as you go. In fact, "Getting Ready is a Stalling Tactic". If you wait until it's perfect, you will never get it done. So, today, I did not sign up for Soda City--stilling feeling like I'm not sure, but I did order the book by Price Pritchett. And, I will work toward getting things ready for my Studio #28 at Tapp's Arts Center, and the Holiday Market for Trenholm Artists Guild. I've also been designing "Little Square Paintings" and working on Commissions. So, tomorrow, I will teach a watercolor class, and then start leaping...maybe even while in the class painting mountain scenes.

Enjoying the journey, making baby leaps and Being Prolific,

Barbie      

1 comment:

  1. Light bulb moment! I spend so much time THINKING about getting read! S t a l l I n g..... Love the idea of fine tuning as you go along.

    ReplyDelete