Wednesday, October 1, 2014

123 Days, Day 31 - Finished a Painting

I have come to learn that one of my biggest challenges in life is finishing what I started. At times I seriously wonder if I have undiagnosed ADD at the age of, well, almost senior adulthood. But, today I finished a painting that I had set aside for months. It's a painting commissioned by my dear cousin, Donna, who is my late Aunt Ruby's daughter on my mother's side. She had seen another painting that I had done several years ago of Purple Orchids that I named Royalty since Purple is often known for being a Royal color. I did "flop" the image and add more to it since she wanted a larger image to match the size of another that she had purchased. So, this is "Royalty II":


I was playing around with a mat, and I like this section of the painting best:


However, I hope my cousin, Donna, enjoys the whole painting. Donna, I will mail it tomorrow!

Here are some quotes about finishing that are "speaking" to me...especially this first one by Dale E.
I could easily say, that finishing paintings is important, but just painting at all is important to me...however, it does help when you have a commission to finish it--to be reliable, and to get paid.
That's why I also like Joyce Meyer's quote, and the others...

 "Finishing races is important, but racing is more important."
Dale Earnhardt

Getting organized in the normal routines of life and finishing little projects you've started is an important first step toward realizing larger goals. If you can't get a handle on the small things, how will you ever get it together to focus on the big things?
When I am finishing a picture, I hold some God-made object up to it - a rock, a flower, the branch of a tree or my hand - as a final test. If the painting stands up beside a thing man cannot make, the painting is authentic. If there's a clash between the two, it's bad art.
Do not plan for ventures before finishing what's at hand.
I've been working on my finishing for quite some time. It's just a question of paying attention to the minor details.

Feeling victorious for "Finishing"!!!
And, Being Prolific,
Barbie

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/c/cobijones479763.html#zdHhyTk3FjJgkPXd.99

No comments:

Post a Comment