Tuesday, October 7, 2014

123 Days, Day 37 - Making Calligraphy Cards

Hello everyone! I've taken a break from writing for the past 5 days, and now I'm back. Today I taught 2 separate Calligraphy Classes --one a Tapp's Arts Center in my Studio #28, and the other at my house. Students always seem to enjoy getting creative with their writing by making cards of all kinds--Greeting Cards, Gift Cards and Placecards. We use a mixture of watercolor paper, parchment paper and colored cardstock for the supports. And, to write, we use flat paint brushes, watercolors, inks, and even masking fluid. Then, to embellish the cards even further, we use metallic inks and markers, gold leafing, collage papers and more. These cards are each unique works of art that look hard to do, but are really simple if you know how to use the supplies.

      Here are some samples:
   
A student named Jevettra had a great idea for a seating chart or place card with a magnolia leaf:

I learn something new everyday!

If you are interested in Calligraphy Classes, message me at BarbieMathisStudio@gmail.com.
Maybe we can work out something soon. Until then, I'll leave you with some quotes that I saw on the wall of a shop in Asheville, NC this past weekend...





Being Prolific,

Barbie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment